Female keeps laying infertile eggs??? Help

TranceZ

So my female blizzard is ovulating yet again after her second clutch and she will not let my male raptor mate with her.

She's already laid two clutches and I candled them last night after 72 hours of being laid and they are neon green color inside (no bulls eye)

She did this last time she was ovulating... she never lets my male get it in but she keeps laying duds. :main_thumbsdown: I know this is her first year breeding, but could it be the male she doesn't like? He's my only male.

Suggestions would be appreciated.

tebebadra

wait a littler longer,maybe it will came out,

but i have the same problem with you,
my female blizzard already laid 2 clutches and it all infertile,
now dont want to mate at all.

TranceZ

GOOD NEWS! I put my female blizzard in with my raptor tonight. She was not happy to see the male at first then I heard the good old tapping of the tale (male) which is like music to my ears.

He nibbled her tail and she immediately settled down and let him go for the deed. He was in her for at least a minute so I'm guessing it was a good mate session. Hopefully this coming clutch is a fertile one. My incubator is getting bored. lol

Amarillo_geckos

GOOD NEWS! I put my female blizzard in with my raptor tonight. She was not happy to see the male at first then I heard the good old tapping of the tale (male) which is like music to my ears.

He nibbled her tail and she immediately settled down and let him go for the deed. He was in her for at least a minute so I'm guessing it was a good mate session. Hopefully this coming clutch is a fertile one. My incubator is getting bored. lol

That is great to hear, I hope the best for you and that you get some good eggs this time.

Visit our friends