First Successful Lock

Brendon_

I had my first successful lock Friday night. Now I just read it takes about 15 days to show signs of eggs and I also was told if she was ovulating and they locked that there is a high probability of eggs laid. is this true? How long after mating will she show signs of eggs in her belly? Also, it only takes one lock right? it does not need to be multiple locks? Thank you.
IMG_4356.jpg

P.S. Why this image is sideways I have no idea.

TheFabulousGeckos

The only way to produce a fertile egg is to mate leopard geckos when the female is ovulating as she will be more receptive with a high probability for fertilisation. However, some geckos would mate during early ovulation where the egg follicle is not so visible.

Once mated, the eggs will start to develop within a few days, It is much more clear after a week or so when the egg follicle starts to elongate and seen on the sides of her belly. In 2-4 weeks she will lay some eggs

It depends on the situation, If after 2 weeks the female has not shown signs of egg development you could go for the 2nd lock as the male might have not given her enough sperm deposit. Usually I'll allow my males to mate with the female for a few times a day and separate them completely. That way I would be positive the eggs are going to be fertile. Well sometimes they don't, as I've had males shooting blanks before :disappointed:

Hope this helps though :)

Brendon_

I saw the lock last Friday, so if I don't notice anything next Friday try again and I can leave him in there with her for a little bit to allow them to mate? I am new to this I just want everything to be right. After the mate her ovulation seemed to have turn more white than pink I can still see the ovulation I just cannot tell if I see eggs or not. It has been a full week now.

Albertmiguel16

I'm in the same position. It's been two weeks and no eggs yet. I'll try to put my male again in a couple of days. This is her uploadfromtaptalk1429680900083.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1429680942416.jpg

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1429680831221.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1429680831221.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 11

Brendon_

After doing extensive research from like 6 different sources the number I came up to is they'll lay 16-22 days. My girl laid probably on the 17th day in the evening just give it time, in about 24 days if no eggs put the male back with her but she definitely looks Gravid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brendon_

Have you looked into any? I use the reptibator but honestly, go to Amazon look up some hovibators and they literally do the same thing for 40$ instead of $100-$150

Brendon_

I've heard of people just straight making their own. Google "home made incubators" or "refrigerator incubator"

Visit our friends