First time Gecko owner

victorg1001

I've been a long time Saltwater Fish owner but recently got out of that hobby. Was enjoyable but really expensive.

My son has been really into dinosaurs so thought a reptile would be fun. Took in a family members iguana a long time ago for a while but did not enjoy it. Found it to be very aggressive. After some research it came down to a crested gecko or a leopard gecko. Sorry but I think crested geckos are UGLY!!!!

Picked up a Baby/Small Jungle High Yellow Leopard Gecko

gecko.jpg

I've had him or her for a week now. Eating well but still very much afraid of me.

I just switched from reptile carpet to tile since I noticed its teeth were getting caught in the carpet when lunging for crickets.

Overall I've been happy with our new pet. Can't wait til it gets used to me and isn't so terrified of me.

:main_cool3:

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
Welcome to GF! Nice looking gecko. Some of them do get calmer as they get older and some never really like being held. Hopefully you've got one of the former.

Aliza

mauvelous

Precious little friend. Smart choice on the transition away from reptile carpet if it wasn't eating successfully. When I adopted my Leo she was quite shy but if you're the provider of food I think normally they come around as far as dealing with your presence.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

victorg1001

Precious little friend. Smart choice on the transition away from reptile carpet if it wasn't eating successfully. When I adopted my Leo she was quite shy but if you're the provider of food I think normally they come around as far as dealing with your presence.

For sure on the tile. Don't know what I was thinking. $18 bucks for reptile carpet (bought more than I needed to be able to swap out for cleaning)....spent $4.50 on tile and got it cut to my liking.

Either way....much better than my $300 experiments with Saltwater fish. Gotta find the silver lining somewhere.

Visit our friends