Fish tank decorations?

Geckonoob951

new to the forums and about to be new to Gecko's so whats up everyone!

ive been looking around for hides and other decorations like that at local pet shops in the reptile area and some of them are cool but when i look in the fish area i see way better variety of different decorations that could be used as hides and decor. so i wanted to know if fish tank decorations could be harmful to my Gecko? like do fish decor have anything sprayed on them before getting shipped to pet stores since they'll be in water? just wanted to know because ill probably be in the fish area more for my gecko hides and decor:main_cool3:

endrien

new to the forums and about to be new to Gecko's so whats up everyone!

ive been looking around for hides and other decorations like that at local pet shops in the reptile area and some of them are cool but when i look in the fish area i see way better variety of different decorations that could be used as hides and decor. so i wanted to know if fish tank decorations could be harmful to my Gecko? like do fish decor have anything sprayed on them before getting shipped to pet stores since they'll be in water? just wanted to know because ill probably be in the fish area more for my gecko hides and decor:main_cool3:
Nope, you have to remember that if there was something sprayed on the decorations it would go into the water and harm the fish.
Fish decorations are fine for leo's.

Dimidiata

I would also advise checking for sharp edges, its common in certain brands so be sure to round em down with sand papper, also some plastic plants are way to spikey for their own good, i just clip em lol. But i use Fish decor with rango no issue, fish are way more sensitive to toxins so they shouldnt leach(I avoid a certain petsmart brand TopFin, they do leach and have killed my fish before)

Visit our friends