Flooring

Spikeymonkey325

I was looking at EVA shelf liners for the flooring for my guys. It appears to be heat resistant up to 176 degrees, washable and water resistant. Has anyone tried this?

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
It should be do-able. I wonder how much of a pain it is to clean. If you use it, consider getting 2 pieces for each cage and swapping them out so you can clean the one you're not using. I prefer ceramic tile.

Aliza

Spikeymonkey325

Thanks for the input. I had wondered about tile and was worried my under tank heater might not heat through it, do you not have that issue?

MUD

IME the pads will heat up the tile which is nice because it will retain heat and warm your geckos belly up :)
When you use tile, do you have a single piece cut to the size of your terrarium or do you lay several in it. If several, do worms or crickets (or gecko toes) ever get caught between the tiles?

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
I use several tiles to cover the floor area. So, for example, if I were tiling a 20 gallon long, I'd need two 12"x12" tiles and one of the same size cut in half (6"x12"). In the days where I was putting together a lot of enclosures, I had a tile cutter. At this point, every now and then I need to assemble and enclosure so I piece together from what I have. Sometimes the crickets or worms get in between 2 tiles, but it's not a big deal.

Aliza

Reactions: MUD

Visit our friends