Fluctuating temperatures during incubation?

Carinata

Breeder of High End AFTs
I have a hovabator and a few days ago it somehow got unplugged for a short amount of time. Temps dropped from around 85 to 80. And actually hit 79 for less than a minute. After plugging it back in it acted funny and I had trouble adjusting the temperature. I finally got it back but it bounced around for a while. All temps were in the acceptable range but they moved around. I have it back to normal now but will my eggs be OK? At night my incubator drops around 1F anyway because my gecko room goes from around 80 to 75 at night. All my eggs are candling great and I want to make sure I'm not gonna loose all my hard work from the season!

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
Other people have had fluctuations like you describe or even a bit worse and things have been OK. That's no guarantee, though. Hopefully everything will be fine and it doesn't seem as if things were bad for too long. There is an outside chance that you will have some that don't survive or some deformities, but no way to know till it happens.

Aliza

Carinata

Breeder of High End AFTs
Just a little update on this. I have had a bunch hatch most are good but a very few have a stubbed tail. And one came out with a hand deformity. Otherwise all have been healthy.

Visit our friends