Gecko eye problems..

Blakskall

Tyler B
My leopard gecko norbert will not open his eyes, i think there stuck shut.. cood this be a shedding problem? He'll sometimes lick his left eye and it will open.. but his right is always closed.. He doesnt sense anything in front of him.. hes not eating because he cant see his food.. I made sure his hide is moist.. ive been giving him vitamins, and even misting him to loosen his eyes.. Is there anything i can do fix his eyes? thank you

Blakskall

Tyler B
he just shed and he did it no problem, unforunately i dont hav a way to photograph him ryt now.. his eyes r just always closed.. the only way he can open them is it he licks them..

MiamiLeos

I believe he needs to see a vet. It is likely either a stuck shed in the eyes or some sort of infection. Either way he needs to make a trip to the gecko doc.

fl_orchidslave

How long has he been keeping his eyes closed? You can look back thru some other eye issue threads and try some of those suggestions, but if there is infection he will have to see a vet soon or it can become ulcerated. Only a prescribed antibiotic, as Aliza said, will clear it up infection. It could be as simple as a stuck shed tho which you can remove. Look it up here on the forum :)

Blakskall

Tyler B
sadly i dont hav the funds to cover a vet visit.. would spraying his eyes with easy shed possibly help? To Fl_orchidslave, He had them closed for a couple weeks.. I dont think its infected.. I looks lik there stuck shut, like glued or something.. At the start of this he managed to open one eye, and it had a tan film over it.. If i dont do something hes going to starve, he doesnt eat or drink water, cas he doesnt know where it is...

Blakskall

Tyler B
i really cant afford a vet visit.. i misted his eye after putting saline drops in it, and they opened, it was pretty wide open too, his right eye is fine looking.. but his left is black.. i dont know wat to make of it..

jordygrl

i really cant afford a vet visit.. i misted his eye after putting saline drops in it, and they opened, it was pretty wide open too, his right eye is fine looking.. but his left is black.. i dont know wat to make of it..

did you ever find out what was wrong? im thinking my gecko is having a similar problem. pls message me if you have any advice.

Visit our friends