Gecko Not Eating. Is She Burmating?

B

butterfly

I won my first ever gecko in a raffle at a reptile expo in January. She's a beautiful Leo and I think she's better looking that the $300 male tangerine that I saw (not that he was a glowingly handsome specimen). She is an '09 female Creamsicle het Tremper and is roughly eight inches in length.

She isn't eating. It's been a little over a month. Her breeder has always fed mealworms (ick). She didn't say what size and when I asked my local reptile shop, they gave me large worms. I think they were large anyway. They are roughly an inch in length. Are they too big and that is why she isn't eating, or do you think she is in burmation?

She seems completely uninterested in both mealworms and crickets. Any suggestions?

RocksMama77

I had a girl who wouldn't eat at all for like two months. I tried everything and was getting extremely worried. One day on a whim I fed her during the day. She devoured it. And ever since she has been chomping roaches like no tomorrow. Roaches are great.

chazthaking2

Temps may be a problem and so can food so be sure to try anything. Best things to get a gecko to eat are hornworms and crab roaches. If that doesnt work there is still other options.

Visit our friends