Geckos dont look like their pics

JennPopper

I had been making payments on a trio of Super Snow Enigma Eclipse. During the 3 months of payments the seller sent me pics of them, and their base color was white, as to be expected. The weather broke this week for shipping & recieved them. I love them, however their base color isnt white in person, it is a flesh tone. I am not implying that this individual duped me, I'm just wondering if when a photo is taken of a gecko morph, like this one, is there a way to take the pic so they look white in the photo? Every pic I see online of this morph, the gecko is white with the black spotting, my trio is 7 months in age according to breeder, will they turn white with age?

Leo844

No, they don't change color/pattern past three months old. That could be bad lighting, is the color difference big? Can you post comparison pics (one you take and one the breeder showed you)? It is very easy to alter a picture to appear lighter in color (what you are suggesting) The breeder absolutely could have lightened the picture, but it also could've just been technology imperfections. Please post pictures?

Neon Aurora

It's not outside of the realm of possibility that the seller modified the pictures.

There are other things to take into consideration, though. Many geckos will darken/lighten depending on environmental factors (temperature, stress, etc). Other thing is that breeders often use very highly lit places to take photos with bright white lights, so it could be a lighting issue.

SIngram

When we bought our gecko from a breeder on the internet, I thought we were getting something different than what we got too. Ours is not for breeding, and is a pet only so it didn't really bother me much. There can be differences in colors from screen to screen I guess. Our gecko arrived and was yellow with brown spots. In the pictures it looked more orange.

Visit our friends