Got eggs!!

barry316

My female dropped eggs today. :D

How long should I let her go before I put the male back in?

Should I feed her?

She has water and she is fine at the moment she is in good form.

T-ReXx

Uroplatus Fanatic
My female dropped eggs today. :D

How long should I let her go before I put the male back in?

Should I feed her?

She has water and she is fine at the moment she is in good form.

If you want her to drop another clutch then I would reintroduce the male for a couple of days 2 days after shes laid. Definately feed her, it takes a lot out of females to lay eggs and she'll need to gain weight back.

You do not have to reintroduce the male if you want more eggs as the female retains the sperm so she will continue to produce more fertile eggs.

I would try to feed her if she eats she eats if not don`t worry.

If you want to put the male back in that is no harm done I have 3 females that stay with a male all year round and they are all big and healthy.

barry316

You do not have to reintroduce the male if you want more eggs as the female retains the sperm so she will continue to produce more fertile eggs.

NO WAY!!!

I am now not sure what to do. It is my first time getting eggs. I will intoduce the male later in the week and see what happens.

Thanks

JordanAng420

It's true. They do retain sperm from males. Sometimes re-introduction is necessary after a FEW clutches, but not every one. Feed her as you normally would, but bump up the calcium dustings with the feeder insects, as egg laying depletes calcium.

THE WHISPERER

i only introduced my females once this season and i got three to six clutches out of them. I agree with after three clutches. after each clutch is not neccesary. I would feed them right away, most of mine eat like pigs right after.

Visit our friends