Votes: 30 33.0%
  • Commercially made

Votes: 24 26.4%
  • only veggies

Votes: 35 38.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Repkyle

mealworms don't-is it because I pop them back in the fridge too soon and they go dormant again? Should I leave them out longer?

Maybe a stupid question but, should I be keeping mealworms in the frigde? Crickets are left above room temp along with the mealworms ATM. Is this wrong?

As for gutloading, I use a mix of dry dog food, fish flakes, weat or oat cereal, and anything that's got good nutritional value (usually gut load powder). Fresh fruit and veggies always too. I dust once a week with calcium before serving my Leo.

Last edited:

sunshinegeckos

Maybe a stupid question but, should I be keeping mealworms in the frigde? Crickets are left above room temp along with the mealworms ATM. Is this wrong?

As for gutloading, I use a mix of dry dog food, fish flakes, weat or oat cereal, and anything that's got good nutritional value (usually gut load powder). Fresh fruit and veggies always too. I dust once a week with calcium before serving my Leo.

If you dont refrigerate them they pupate quicker. Sticking them in the fridge haults that process and you can have mealworms longer but I would only refrigerate the ones that are at the size you want to feed at because that is how big they will stay. I dust every other feeding with calcium and once a week with a multivitamin

NatalieS

I'm feeding primarily superworms right now because my male just never took to mealworms. They're in a bin at room temp with Fluker's mealworm bedding. In the middle of the bin I have a shallow boal with Fluker's cricket gutloading gel with calcium. The superworms go nuts for that stuff, and I just replenish it every few days when it's mostly eaten up. Although I'd love to offer fresh veggies, they seem to go bad within a day or two.

animeavatar

I <3 Mu Mu!!
I don't put worms in the fridge, I just keep them in a plastic container and I feed them oats and veggies/fruits.

CPS

I use both vegetable ends (pretty easy as I'm vegan and just give them the cut-off ends of whatever vegetables I am cooking with!) and commercial cricket food, etc.

Visit our friends