Handling Cresties?

Rell18

How often can a crested gecko be held? Can they be handled daily or for a couple times each week? Also, how long can each handling session be?

touch 13

Euble_Rhac_Gekko
everyone does have its own personality and sometimes others will stress more or it could disturb their eating habbits. For the most part cresteds are very open to be handled.

sessions last as long as their willing to not jump off your head making a break for the tallest ceiling!! lol

ltdanicecream

My male will let me hold him for hours on end, watching TV, playing Xbox, whatever. But my female wont even tolerate 5 minutes of handling. She's new so hopefully shell tame down but yeah its mostly personality

C C Gecko

Our crested lets us hold him for hours. We can either be watching t.v. on the computer, PS3 or reading. He likes our body heat the most and tolerates everythign else.

anbu

mine is a pain to get ahold of sometimes but when I do get her on my hand she realizes that I'm warm and squishy and is ok with it. she hops from hand to hand but likes the high ground so she climbs up my arm or tries to jump on my chest, she likes to move around. I only hold her for about 5 mins at a time but I should hold her more if I want her to get use to it and I'm sure she would let me hold her longer

Visit our friends