Handling Question

AreUaBadfish2

I just bought my Leo 4 days ago (Sunday, April 3rd). I have been a little reluctant to hold him, because I don't want to stress him out, and I wasn't sure how long it would take for him to get acclimated to his new home. Also, since he's still quite young and pretty small in size, I was curious if because he's still young, I should hold off on handling him for a few weeks/months, until he's a little bigger?

Thanks

Matt

im faster

Should Slow Down
Every gecko is different... start ct spending time near the cage so he gets use yp seeing you... try holding him.. if he doesn't want to be held he will let u. Know...

Although most don't care for it they normally try to get away and hide some where

Taquiq

JK Herp
I would give him a week to settle in. Then try to hold him. If he squirms around, keep trying, as he is just getting used to you. Don't hold him too much the first couple weeks, you might stress him out.

AreUaBadfish2

Every gecko is different... start ct spending time near the cage so he gets use yp seeing you... try holding him.. if he doesn't want to be held he will let u. Know...

Although most don't care for it they normally try to get away and hide some where

I have noticed that when I come into my room, he'll poke his head out of his hide and look at me. He sometimes will pace along the glass for a few minutes, but I'm not sure if it's because he sees me, or if he is just seeing his reflection and thinking its another Leo.

But thanks for the advice!

Visit our friends