Has she given up on life?

BrightReptiles

Badhabits727
She will be carefully monitored for the next few months and given panacur until she passes clean fecals (and probably a half dose after just to make sure there is nothing left over). She will be weighed every four days as our other geckos are and ill keep this thread up to date with what she weighs in at.

fl_orchidslave

If given correctly, it only takes 3 doses of panacur to be rid of the parasite. That is, if it is a parasite that responds to this drug. That's why it's important to know exactly what is being treated. Ongoing use of any medication can build a resistance that makes it ineffective and can have a long term negative effect on the overall health of the animal being treated. Veterinary supervision is necessary when using any prescription drug with reptiles.

gecko4245

Please don't post if you don't know what you are talking about. That statement could offend a good portion of this web site. It doesn't make a bit of difference if they are in plastic or glass, I've never seen a glass rack in my life.

They sell tanks, wood enclosues. unless you are a breeder with alot I understand. I just want them to be treated fairly.

BrightReptiles

Badhabits727
They sell tanks, wood enclosues. unless you are a breeder with alot I understand. I just want them to be treated fairly.

Obviously they sell tanks. If I could afford and had space for a few hundred tanks I would be all over it. With large numbers of geckos racks are the only way to go with most people. If you were to look at my signature you would see my website and know I breed. Please do your research and stop making useless posts.

gecko4245

Obviously they sell tanks. If I could afford and had space for a few hundred tanks I would be all over it. With large numbers of geckos racks are the only way to go with most people. If you were to look at my signature you would see my website and know I breed. Please do your research and stop making useless posts.

I did not see it. We all know u did not speak to a vet and just decided to endanger your geckos life giving panacur without a vet. the vet would have told you the dose and you won't be here asking people.

have a good day:)

BrightReptiles

Badhabits727
I never asked anyone about dosing. I did see a vet, obviously. How am I supposed to get a fecal smear to find pinworms without a vet? Yes, I bought the panacur elsewhere than the vets marked up pricing but have the knowledge and research to mix and measure the panacur on my own. Also, being the lethal dose of panacur is over 1000x the recommended dose, there is not much possibility of problems arising (panacur is one of the safest animal drugs on the planet, it is easier to od calcium ). Do your research before you start making wrong accusations.

Russellm0704

I did not see it. We all know u did not speak to a vet and just decided to endanger your geckos life giving panacur without a vet. the vet would have told you the dose and you won't be here asking people.

have a good day:)

The poster did see a vet. Badhabits is a respected and responsible poster and should not be treated In this manner. And please tell me how keeping a gecko in a plastic container is not treating them fairly when it gives them the same or more floor space?

reps4life

She will be carefully monitored for the next few months and given panacur until she passes clean fecals (and probably a half dose after just to make sure there is nothing left over). She will be weighed every four days as our other geckos are and ill keep this thread up to date with what she weighs in at.

Is she eating on her own at all yet?

BrightReptiles

Badhabits727
Just an update. We have now had a total of three (very small) solid poops from her. She is eating on her own, though not a lot. She is up to 30g as of last night. Hopefully progress continues, I will sleep easier when she eats normal sized meals again and makes it to the 40g mark.

reps4life

Just an update. We have now had a total of three (very small) solid poops from her. She is eating on her own, though not a lot. She is up to 30g as of last night. Hopefully progress continues, I will sleep easier when she eats normal sized meals again and makes it to the 40g mark.

Good. Show us a picture when possible.

Visit our friends