Hello everyone!

Sprogog

Hey all my name is Jodie and I am a brand new gecko owner. This is all very new to me but it matters hugely as my parents have trusted me to allow me to save up for months and purchase my own gecko. This is the first pet that has been solely mine after wanting a reptile pet since a very young age.
I brought my little Artemis (art gecko... aheh) two days ago and I absolutely love him. He just over 2 1/2 months old and on early inspection appears to be male. He is a little lethargic and spends most of the day in his hides but changes position most at night and is eating sporadically but I had researched to expect this for a little while as he settled in? He is a little skittish when enitially being picked up but is perfectly happy to be held and even gently stroked once he is out of his viv. Unfortunately I handled him quite soon after he first arrived and he seemed very nervous at first but then quickly settled down laying his whole body against my hand and relaxing. Afterwards I realised this may have caused him uneeded stress and have since left him alone to acclimatise a little.
He is in a 18x18x12" exo terra viv which I have been working to establish correct temperatures for him (i think those dimensions mean the tank is around 16.8 gallons?). His cool side is around 75f and his warm side is 90f at ground level. He has two hiding areas 1 warm 1 cool and I am working on attaining a humid hide. I also have vitamins and calcium which are arriving tomorrow after mistakingly buying the wrong sort before. He is on repti carpet.
I have been feeding him crickets which I find quite difficult to handle and which I worry may stress him out as I try to remove any uneaten ones which normally results in me moving his decor/hides. I am planning to however buy some meal worms to put in a dish and feed alongside the crickets as he is quite clumsy. His tail is a little thin which worries me slightly but I have seen worse pictures. I have seen him eat around 4 crickets in the past two days but doesn't seem to actively seek food other than when they are placed infront of him and catch his attetion.
I have come here in the hope that someone can look over everything I am doing and see if it is ok? All I really want is for Art to become happy, active and healthy. He is such a sweetie. :)
Thanks! :D
1235401_628578883830710_1690005386_n.jpg

Visit our friends