Hello! Meet Williow, do you know his morph? :)

Sarah1228

Hello, here is a little introduction and background to my leo...

I purchased Willow from a pet shop back in the fall of 2011 and it didn't seem like they were taking very good care of him. All though the shop seemed very knowledgeable about most reptiles (including geckos). I think they were just so over whelmed with other species that they didn't care too much if something went wrong with one of them (IMO).

Willow was very thin, his colors were dull, he had a sore on his nose, and black toes. But he had the cutest face so I still wanted him! I was determined to take better care of the little guy. I was pretty sure there were no serious health problems. They gave me super worms to feed him but they were waaaayyy too big, he seriously almost choked on one when I gave it to him. I'm happy to say after a few months in my care, he put on some weight. Maybe a little too much, haha! I started to call him Chubbs.

But eventually after winter of 2011 and spring 2012 set in, he went on a hunger strike. First I figured it may have been because of the weather change and then mating season but it carried on too long after that. EVERY TIME I made a vet appointment, he would start eating again. He pooped fine and was drinking water when he did eat. He completely went off of crickets to where he just ate mealworms. Then he went from eating mealworms every other day, to twice a week, to not at all. His tail still remained fat, which was a factor I was told to watch for.

I eventually changed his food up and it seems like his appetite has picked up his again. I've been feeding him everything from meal worms, to butter worms, phoenix worms, and wax worms. I'll be placing an order soon and trying silk worms as well. But unfortunately he still will not eat crickets. His temps are 75-80 cool side with a moist hide and 90-95 on the warm side (summer temps, 85-90 winter temps). Temps are measured with a digital probe, and he lives in a 15 gallon tank with a screen lid, he has one shallow water dish, and a food bowl.

Anyways back to the main question of this thread. Willow was sold to me as an Albino leopard gecko, no age or other background information was given. I tried google and I'm just like uuugggh! He looks like all of them that are albino!!! LOL! I was wondering if anyone knew what he is, and maybe around what age he could be? I know I'm not going to get an exact age, & I figured he was an adult already. Thanks for any help anyone could give!!!

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    28.6 KB · Views: 37

Visit our friends