Hello World!

Poppy243

Being somewhat new to the world of gecko-ownership, I thought I'd say hello! :D I'm a long-time lover of reptiles and recently purchased my first herp, a sub-adult female leopard gecko named Poppy. She doesn't display any particular morph that I can pick out in my inexperience, though she does have a neat pattern on her back, however she is reported to be het tremper albino, blizzard, and eclipse. I'm a big fan of blizzards and any bright, pretty orange-type morphs, such as enigma, SHTCT, etc., and plan on getting two more females in the near future for sure. Poppy's genetic capability and general adorableness have made me want to breed as a hobbyist, so I'm looking into that as a possibility for her and the other two future females. Any tips and tricks would be most welcome, especially on what morphs to purchase to maximize the genetics of offspring if I decide to breed! :)

Poppy when she arrived from the shop I purchased her from (Ben Siegel Reptiles):
IMG_2458.jpg
Her color looks a little dull in this picture. It's probably the lighting, or even the fact that she's shed at least twice since this was taken over a month ago. She's slightly brighter yellow and the top of her tail is a little bit more orange than it appears in the pic. Not as orange as a carrottail but a color that is noticeably different from her body. She was approx 21g in this picture.

Last edited:

wombat2000

Welcome to the Forums! I'm new here, too. Nice photo of Poppy. That pattern on her back gives her a neat 'cheetah' vibe. Please send pics as she matures!

Visit our friends