help! my gecko wont eat

F

fingers

i have recently bought my first baby gecko at xmas and he doesnt seem to be eating. i have been feeding him just on mealworms on the advice of the pet shop and at first he seemed to eat maybe one a night but he doesnt seem to have eaten anything at all for a few days. can anyone give me any advice?? he has grown quite a lot and he has shed his skin a couple of weeks ago (which he ate) is there anything else i should maybe try feeding him that he might prefer? i am pretty sure his tank is the right temp and i put his light on 12 hours a day and i am not sure what else to try - help!

Srt14292

Est; 1992
Description of your set up would be helpful, if you got your gecko from a chain store pet... etc.. pretty much discard anything they told you.
SO a quick description of your set up & temps.
Substrate, heat method, light/heatpad (reccomended) its better for belly heat.

How many hides, humid..cool.warm. calcium bowl, waterbowl food bowl.

How big was he when you got him, how big is he now, anything else you have tried.

RocksMama77

You could try a different feeder, maybe roaches or crickets. Also Try to feed a different time of day to feed. I had one of my girls go off food for almost two months and I was terrified. One day my daughter came running to tell me she was hungry so I gave it a try mid day and she devoured it. She now eats anytime of day except at the regular feeding time for my other geckos. I don't think you need a lamp, they are nocturnal.

mindgamer8907

Two days off food is not an issue unless the gecko is stick thin (and I mean stick thin). Wait it out, a week or two, the leo will eat.

Visit our friends