Helping my Leopard Gecko shed

Horatio The Gecko

It's been very dry lately and I'll admit I haven't been spraying the moss as I should(I am now but that aspect of care lapsed for a little). My gecko is having trouble shedding. I help him with his feet and body but there is still a stretch of skin on his face that needs to come off. I've rubbed it what little he'll allow but I can't find a place to get ahold of the shedding skin.

I'm hoping he'll be able to take care of it himself, but it looks like it's really bothering his one eye and I'd like to take care of it.

Suggestions?

PaladinGirl

Yup, what Laney said. Toon's skin sticks to her toes and she almost lost one once. I put her in a plastic container with shallow water for about 10 minutes, then I massage her toes gently with a q-tip till the skin comes off.

Horatio The Gecko

Thanks for the info. I still haven't been able to remove the skin from his face and right eye, but the baths let him open it up and he licks away at what he can.

I just hope it comes off soon.

Blazebabe

S/H Tangerine carrot tail
Definitely what laney said a shallow bath in warm water helps alot and all the best of luck and i hope it works.

Horatio The Gecko

I think the warm baths definitely helped. It at least allowed him to open his eyes until he shed again and now he's back to normal. Thanks guys!

Visit our friends