How many Crickets and Mealworms and what days.

Hi so I am most likely getting a 4 week old Leopard Gecko in June or sometime in 2023 and I am doing research and I am planning on feeding crickets and mealworms btw I am not breeding the crickets or mealworms. I was wondering how often should I feed my Juvenile gecko and how much and how often should I feed my gecko when she is an adult and how much?

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
While your gecko is a juvenile, feed it small crickets (don't get the teeny ones; they're too small) and mealworms every day. Put some in and experiment to see how much it likes to eat at one feeding. Young juveniles usually make tiny poops several times a day. In my opinion, a good rule of thumb is that when you start seeing larger poops once a day, it's time to switch to feeding every other day. I feed roughly 4 crickets at each feeding, but I'm not rigid about it.

Aliza

While your gecko is a juvenile, feed it small crickets (don't get the teeny ones; they're too small) and mealworms every day. Put some in and experiment to see how much it likes to eat at one feeding. Young juveniles usually make tiny poops several times a day. In my opinion, a good rule of thumb is that when you start seeing larger poops once a day, it's time to switch to feeding every other day. I feed roughly 4 crickets at each feeding, but I'm not rigid about it.

Aliza
Okay thank you so much! According to the website I should give them 1/4th crickets to start is that too small or is their something smaller?

Visit our friends