How many Geckos in 18"x18"x18"

marc26

As above really, im happy with what i got but would be tempted to add another if possible as on a night he seems quite playful but he on his own. I have a 18"x18"x18" vivarium is this ok for 2 leopard geckos or not??

marc26

Ok thanx for that just a opinion really, after few weeks he really started to get active etc so thought a partner might be of a aid!!! Wasnt sure he be so kind and firendly, can handle him etc etc and seem so friendly. Just as a daft thought could get a friend for him.

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
If it's really a "he" you have, then you'd be best with one unless you decide you want to breed (after you're confident with gecko care and ready to spend money and time for incubator, housing, feeding etc.). Two males will not get along, and a male and female will breed. If you have a female it's a different story. Many people prefer to house their leopard geckos separately, but I house them in small groups without problems. The floor space of an 18x18 is just under 300 sq. in. The floor space of a 20 long, recommended for a max of 2 leopard geckos, is 360 sq. in. Use that as a guideline.

Aliza

Visit our friends