How old is my leopard gecko

jodi.burfield96

I bought my leopard gecko from a pets store in November and they told me that he was between 6-12 week old... I really want to know the age of Leo but I know it's hard. I've heard that the bands on their skins will turn into spots by the age of 1... my Leo has spots on his back which are in a line and still has bands on his tail but they are slowly turning into spots... another sign that he is still young is when he's feeding he still wiggles his tail fast before pouncing on his food. I heard that they decrease this as they age... any ideas on how old he is I weighed him about a week ago and he weighed 29grams. Thank you

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Kristi23

Ghoulish Geckos
This post has been moved from the classifieds. Please make sure you post questions in the appropriate sections of the forum.

indyana

Unfortunately, it's pretty difficult to age based upon size or color. Reptiles grow and mature based upon how much they eat, so diet can make a huge difference in the way they look at certain ages. I think as close as you will get is trusting the pet store estimation.

Visit our friends