How Small are Waxworms when they hatch?!

snakegirl

i breed wax worms and i was just checking the Moth cups and thought i share something, when i tell people about breeding wax worms, people dont believe me when i say they Hatch SUPER small. and can crawl threw everything so the case must be air tight, well if you dont believe me about how small they are, Try looking at there eggs!:main_robin::main_robin::main_robin:

waxwormeggs.png

Oh and here is a photo of 1,000s of babies!

Waxies.jpg

RampantReptiles

haha nice!
Thank you so much for the photo.

Yes that is kinda eww, I hate how waxworms are so much like maggots. Although I understand that maggots are actually more nutritious than waxworms but they still creep me out... stupid society making people think maggots, roaches, mice/rats are gross when in fact they are just another creature/critter!

Khrysty

haha nice!
Thank you so much for the photo.

Yes that is kinda eww, I hate how waxworms are so much like maggots. Although I understand that maggots are actually more nutritious than waxworms but they still creep me out... stupid society making people think maggots, roaches, mice/rats are gross when in fact they are just another creature/critter!

Phoenix/calci worms are essentially maggots lol.

When I was younger I used to be terrified of creepy crawly things. Now I'm sticking my hands into bins of mealies, roaches, waxies, you name it. Guess the love of my leos killed the fear of the bugs >.<

Visit our friends