humidity requirements

Sarge USMC

I have a hide on the warm and cold side of the tank. Little half logs that she hides under. Substrate is carpet.

What kind of humidity is needed?? She's a blizzard leo.....it was my understanding that the humidity was needed at shedding time, so I haven't had anything moist in the tank otherwise. For now I took a few wet paper towels and put them under the carpet above the UTH. I'll have to see how long that lasts.....

I saw a tupperware bowl with the lid on with the wet paper towels inside and sphagnum moss.......that looks simple enough.

Last edited:

doublet74

Humidity isn't necessary for Leos. That being said I keep a humid hide at all times on the hot side of my tank. Simple disposable Tupperware container with a small hole in the lid with paper towels that I wet every day. The reason being that when they are shedding to give them help if they need it. I guess you can remove it after they shed. But then you would have to replace it when they are going to shed. For me its easier just to leave it in all the time.

Visit our friends