Husband's gecko is dying

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Cheaton

You've made alot of enemies here. What do you expect when you say "this gecko is sick how do i treat it, but it better be cheap because it's just a lizard

Please read the posts before you hurry to type on your fingers.

My first post said this...

I think the lizard is on its way out and I dont like watching her die what appears to be a slow, starvation like death. What do I do?

I was looking for another way then to let him slowly starve to death. I did not want to put him out in the snow or in the freezer. Another forum suggested taking to the vet for euthanasia. At least this other forum actually suggested advice rather than offer judgements and opinions.

I wont let any of your comments be taken to heart. I know in my heart and in my mind that I am trying to help this little animal. Sure I have read your comments and have gotten angry from them. But I just say to myself that these are your opinions and I must respect them.

AND I DONT LIVE IN MARYLAND....IF YOU WOULD READ MY POSTS YOU WOULD KNOW WHERE I LIVE.

I hope each and every one of you are against abortion and forms of birth control and the death penalty. If not, you most definitely have your priorities screwed up.

Golden Gate Geckos

Mean Old Gecko Lady
AND I DONT LIVE IN MARYLAND....IF YOU WOULD READ MY POSTS YOU WOULD KNOW WHERE I LIVE.
Your profile information says you do.

I hope each and every one of you are against abortion and forms of birth control and the death penalty. If not, you most definitely have your priorities screwed up.
That's enough. I am closing this thread. I hope the best for you husband's gecko.

Golden Gate Geckos

Mean Old Gecko Lady
I may decide to delete this post I am about to make, but I just wanted the members here at GeckoForums.net read what I have to deal with as an Administrator of this website. I hope you all read this and decide for yourselves.

Cheaton said:
Thank you for closing the thread.

I do hope that in the future, you run your forums with a bit more restraint. some people just cant take a lizard to the vet and those opinions should be respected at the minimum.

I belong to a dog forum, and if people cant take their dog to the vet, we are all very supportive with offering the best advice we can to help the owner work with what he/she has. Instead of lashing out. What is surprising is that you the moderator also lashes out. I would take a long hard look at yourself and change the way you run this ship.
Golden Gate Geckos said:
Anna, I'm sorry you don't get warm fuzzies from the staff or members of GeckoForums.net. If you don't like the way GeckoForums.net is run, you are more than welcome to stay off this forum and go hang out at your dog forum where you obviously can get the attention you need.

The administration of this website has received countless PM's regarding you and your posts, and it is quite apparent that it is YOU that has the problem here, and the other members have a problem with you being here.

MOGL
Cheaton said:
Thats wierd, I think its you that has the problem. But you just so happen to have found a group of like-minded people, so you have ostracized someone with a different opinion.

I guess it is too much to have people with open minds. And I cant stress this enough. ITS JUST A FREAKIN LIZARD. Its not like you can do surgery on them or put a leg in a cast (i like that post).

Really the people here have their priorities screwed up and the only thing this experience has done is affirm that this is just a lizard and to not go out and spend money to drag this poor creature along in this world. But to put that money towards more needed things....like hunger in the world and counseling for people like yourself.

I really do hope you have a trying experience such as mine where you are forced with these unwanted or undesired choices. And see how you fair if you were given a reception like I was given.

Next time, show some compassion for humans, not just the lizards.
Golden Gate Geckos said:
I have had surgey performed on 5 of my gackos over the years, as well as a cast on a broken leg.

Your "ITS JUST A FREAKIN LIZARD" attitude is what as ostracized you, not me! The people on this forum do not feel like their lizards are disposable pets like you do. You came on to this forum with that attitude, and you got a bunch of flack about it.

Get over it, or get out.

MOGL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Visit our friends