I need some help

calabarpythonlover2

Well i have had a female super hypo carrot tail leopard gecko for about 3 months.She used to eat about 15 mealworms each night.Now she hasnt eaten for 3 weeks.The temperatures are right.I have a UTH that keeps the warm side about 93 degrees.the i have a 50 watt red lamp to keep the temperature around 77 degrees on the cool side.I am using paper towels so i dont think she has impaction.Also she has been losing weight and she is still active but not eating.Give m advice please on what i should do.:(:(

J

jjasonn

Maybe you overfeed it. Why not you try giving it cricket? Let your leo start exercise hunting.

mindgamer8907

First, how much does your leo weigh and do you know how old it is (in grams)? How thick is the tail in relation to the neck (one of the best rules of thumb)? What is your substrate? What is the tank setup like? About how long is your leo? What is the behavior like and did it change when it stopped eating? What is the poop like?

One thing I would try is raising the temp on the warm side, most people can agree to the 95-100 F range. You did not overfeed you gecko, that's actually (not an insult to you jjasonn) a dumb assertion considering the length of time the gecko has spent off food. The gecko would have returned to food within the week if it merely "overate." The exercise hunting thing isn't very astute either, though a little variety never hurt a gecko. To be frank, most geckos can go a lot longer than a few weeks without food, but if the weight loss becomes visible or severe (dropping about ten grams isn't good) you may consider a vet visit.

Visit our friends