i need your help!!!

leocobra23

Ok i got a baby blizzard female leo, and when i come to pick her up she raises her tail and stands up real tall and snaps or hisses at me. I need a way to break her from that because i want her to be nice....

Pinky81

You have to remember that your hand looks like a predator to her. When you first get your Leo you should leave it be for a couple of weeks as to limit the stress its going through. Then you slowly start to introduce your hand. Never try to go in and pick up the Leo....instead put your hand in by her and just leave it there...let the little one tongue flick and investigate. Do this daily...eventually you should be able to try to pick her up without the biting and hissing.

Its a process and sometimes a slow process, so take your time.

PaladinGirl

Just takes time. Toon used to do the same thing. Look at my profile pic! That's her 3 months after getting her. She's getting ready to crawl out of her tank onto my hand :) Only took about a month or so to start acting like that.

Pinky81

So your saying that i should leave it be for a while till it gets settled in then let her get my scent then try and pick it up???

yes let her be...let her get comfortable with her Viv and the goings on in your house. Then when you feed her maybe after she's done..just put your hand in the tank by her and DO NOT move...she will get nervous but once you don't move she may get curious and walk over to tongue flick (basically Leo for "whats that") after awhile of doing this she may get comfortable with trying to climb onto your hand.

By picking her up while she's freaking out your putting her at risk for jumping out of your hand and hurting herself or dropping her tail.

PATIENCE :)

Visit our friends