I think my Leopard has a neurological issue

I’ve had my Leopard Gecko for 7 years this month now, and for the past 4-5 years or so she has a little tweak whenever she is stimulated. She’ll do a little head spasm when she’s confused, but 90% of the time it’s when she’s trying to eat. This results in her missing her mealworms when she eats. I usually put the food closer so its harder to miss, and she does fine. Her eyes look okay, and she does all of the normal stuff that leopards do in their tank like climbing, roaming around, resting. I feed her mealworms with Repashy calcium plus. She has healthy sheds, and is of healthy weight. I took her to an exotic vet when this started, they said she seems perfectly healthy. She just spasms out a little when trying to eat or when she is confused. It has not gotten worse at all since it started. Same old little spasms for the past four years with zero increase in the occurrence or intensity of it. Should I be worried? Is this a neurological problem?

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
If it's been stable for the past 4 years and she got a clean bill of health from the vet, I don't think there's anything else you can do and I guess it's normal for her at this point. I have a number of leopard geckos and some of them just require personal feeding as opposed to dumping a bunch of feeders in the cage. Consider her a gecko that needs valet services!

Aliza

Visit our friends