I'm Thirsty!

Coils

Gecko Geek
Anyone ever actually catch their gecko drinking, I'd love to see some pictures!

I haven't even actually seen my gecko drink yet...he always like stops by the dish, but then knows I am watching him.

B

BioWorkZ

I've seen it only once. Sorry, no pictures though. I've also only seen one of my geckos lick the calcium dish once. I was like, "wth, they actually do lick that stuff up". =)

leogecko88

I've seen Yoshi drink on numerous occasions. It's kind of funny to watch. Unfortunately, she only drinks at night, and my camera doesn't take good pictures in red light.

Coils

Gecko Geek
I've seen it only once. Sorry, no pictures though. I've also only seen one of my geckos lick the calcium dish once. I was like, "wth, they actually do lick that stuff up". =)

Lol, yea i haven't seen him lick the calcium powder either yet.

Coils

Gecko Geek
I've seen Yoshi drink on numerous occasions. It's kind of funny to watch. Unfortunately, she only drinks at night, and my camera doesn't take good pictures in red light.

Yep, that's when Gizmo makes his way out there, but to turn on the light and watch him makes him stay veeeery still until I leave.

Lol, he is fine to hold and not skittish, but he must not like drinking in front of other people. :)

gothra

Happy Gecko Family
Here is my raptor Hardee drinking, I believe he's still half asleep...:laugh:

"Water, water...where is me' water..."
Hardee1017_01.jpg

"Geez, its so bright..."
Hardee1017_02.jpg

"mom should refill the water dish...lazy mom."
Hardee1017_03.jpg

mlw50

i've never seen mine drink from the water bowl. I'm convinced she doesn't. I do however see her drink from her moist hide quite often.

Haligren

is behind you.
I've seen both mine drink from the water dish and lick the calcium dish, but it's rare. They probably do it in the middle of the night when no one's around. Perhaps it's a very private thing to a gecko - like using the bathroom for humans or something. lol

Coils

Gecko Geek
I've seen both mine drink from the water dish and lick the calcium dish, but it's rare. They probably do it in the middle of the night when no one's around. Perhaps it's a very private thing to a gecko - like using the bathroom for humans or something. lol

Lol, yea it would seem that way with my gecko. He gives me that look like "Um...a little privacy, please?"

M

mckyle

Actually, I just saw Domino stick his whole head into his calcium dish :p Was quite hilarious- no pics, though =(

A

AMYCUS

Those pics are cool. I've never caught any of mine drinking but I've seen all of em licking the calcium.

GeckoNub

I see the babies drinking every now and then, mainly Bubba as he isnt shy at all :)

Last few nights ive seen Peppa drinking every night. She even fell asleep with her head resting on the water bowl :angel:

Ive also seen them eat calcium, especially when we first got them. At one point i think Bubba thought it was candy or something cos he ate it a lot :laugh4:

Its really cute when they drink and they seem to have different techniques. Peppa likes to get her nose in the bowl and lap it up like a cat would but Bubba does the same as Daisy and kinda dips his nose in then licks it off his nose :D

Visit our friends