Interesting Observation with a TUG Snow

scm133

GULFCOASTGECKOS
Both pictures were taken at 5 weeks old.

The first one: Super Snow het Tremper x Hypo Tangerine Engima.
She looks like a typical Mack with some yellow.

Second one: the same male (Super Snow het Tremper) x TUG Snow Enigma.
This one shows no yellows.

A good example of the TUG influence.

marcia

Interesting but be careful. People generally regard crossing different strains of snow in the same way as crossing strains of albino. It's highly frown upon because people want to try and keep the snow genes pure

Sent from my iPhone inside my human vivarium

scm133

GULFCOASTGECKOS
Interesting but be careful. People generally regard crossing different strains of snow in the same way as crossing strains of albino. It's highly frown upon because people want to try and keep the snow genes pure

Thanks! I know, I was really hesitate on posting this, because of others jumping on me that I was "muddying the waters". This was a one time experiment on my part, and will not be duplicated again. It just brings back the theory that the TUG snow gene might be dominant.

marcia

Thanks! I know, I was really hesitate on posting this, because of others jumping on me that I was "muddying the waters". This was a one time experiment on my part, and will not be duplicated again. It just brings back the theory that the TUG snow gene might be dominant.

I wonder if a super form will ever be discovered. I know currently there isn't one but it would be interesting to see if there is :)

Have to say though, the enigma has really brightened the look of that baby :)

Sent from my iPhone inside my human vivarium

scm133

GULFCOASTGECKOS
Thanks!! The last one did not get any of the Mom's enigma genes. The brightness and no yellow is from the TUG gene. :)

GulfCoastGeckos

Visit our friends