Is this alright?????

K

KnECritters

The sauna may raise the humidity too much...but it IS a large tank, so long as it's on the cool area shouldn't do too much to the humidity.

With sand, it doesn't matter if they eat on it or not. There is still a risk of impaction AND a build up of bacteria. They tend to lick the ground, and the sand will get on the tongue, and straight to the stomach. And anytime she defecates there, or anything, any liquid will soak through and bacteria will build up. You'de have to replace the sand once a week to avoid that, and WOW that's costly!

Other than that, looks fantasitc!

M

mystikal222

The sauna may raise the humidity too much...but it IS a large tank, so long as it's on the cool area shouldn't do too much to the humidity.

With sand, it doesn't matter if they eat on it or not. There is still a risk of impaction AND a build up of bacteria. They tend to lick the ground, and the sand will get on the tongue, and straight to the stomach. And anytime she defecates there, or anything, any liquid will soak through and bacteria will build up. You'de have to replace the sand once a week to avoid that, and WOW that's costly!

Other than that, looks fantasitc!
Thanks.I was joking about the sauna:main_laugh:My fiance and I have mentioned a lot of silly things for the tank,like a gym,a small movie theater and even a little game spot with an X-Box. Although really after seeing what some ppl have hand made for their geckos we're thinken about some custom furniture.

A

Alliemac

My beardie has a blanket and stuffed bunny in her tank. Just build them a bed!

M

mystikal222

My beardie has a blanket and stuffed bunny in her tank. Just build them a bed!
awwww,that is too cute.Really,that memory foam thing got me thinken,but I cant imagine that its very easy to clean or cheap.Alas,Loki and Raven may have to settle for a moss covered chaise lounge.....

K

kmc5

I would use the brown shelf liner that is squishy. I use it for my gecko and beardie.

K

kmc5

Doh!! I forgot to comment further. I love the looks of yours! I would make a little change with the humid. You can cut a hole in a tall food container and hide it inside that rock thing. That would help keep the humid in it. Otherwise I like the look of it!

Riyo

Pet Human
I wouldn't worry about them being uncomfortable on a firm surface. They are made to live in rocky crevices/on rocky, hard, rough surfaces - you don't find anything soft there!

As everyone else has said, your tank looks amazing (sans the sand)

K

kmc5

I wouldn't worry about them being uncomfortable on a firm surface. They are made to live in rocky crevices/on rocky, hard, rough surfaces - you don't find anything soft there!

As everyone else has said, your tank looks amazing (sans the sand)

But our babies need to be comfy!!!

M

mystikal222

But our babies need to be comfy!!!
yup yup.We put them in tanks,took them from their natural habitats,the least we can do is give them stellar homes to make up for it!lol

M

mystikal222

thank you all for the compliments but more importantly for the tips!

Visit our friends