Is this gray blotch and white tail a possible enigma?

ebuch

dagobah2.jpg

I read that gray blotches and solid white tails were indicators of the enigma gene. I'm just asking because I want to be ready. It doesn't act funny and I've never actually seen an enigma before. I see a lot of pictures where people breed them with other strains and they look crazy beautiful, an I've seen some with blotches. This gecko has a visible blotch in this picture and another one on its other side further up its torso. And then a really solid white tail with a black stripe towards the bottom. It looks like a normal to me with just some rather distinct differences.

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
This one looks like a regular stripe to me. Enigmas are often born with blotches and white tails but by the time the gecko is as old as this one appears to be, the enigmas are usually speckled with orange eyes.

Aliza

ebuch

it only weighs 14 grams and is less than 2 months old its spots are just starting to show. Not that old at all I just give them a lot of food when they're babies and I use this powder that has a lot of different nutrients besides just calcium and mixed diets to get them to grow faster. This one just started showing it's spots last week.

Thank you though. I just like to have some idea of what they are.

ebuch

Thank you all, I just noticed the gray blotches and had only seen that in enigma pics, and the tail was so different. Just trying to be proactive.

Visit our friends