Is this ok for a young crestie?

Rell18

I plan on ordering this set-up for my new crestie: http://www.pangeareptile.com/store/complete-crested-gecko-terrarium-set-up.html

A lot of people say to keep a young crestie in a kritter keeper. Would it still be ok to keep a crestie (about 10 - 14 weeks old) in the cage I listed above or would it stress it out?

I also plan on buying the mushroom ledge cup holder for feeding so it knows where to get its food from.

Also, I plan on housing my new crestie on my dresser that's near my back window. The sun does not shine through that window at all. My dresser is also 2 1/2 ft away from the window. I was just wondering if it was ok to house it that close to the window since that's the only place where the cage can fit in my room.

Dron2124

Crested
i would get a kritter keeper just so it can find its food easier. that package comes with the ledge u want and I would put some thing on the back side of the cage to stop the light form coming in directly and u shoudl be fine

Rell18

Thanks ^-^. Oh, the light doesn't shine through the window so I think the little guy will be okay just like you said. Thanks again :) .

Daedric1

It's not just the sun that causes problems with windows. Unless you have newer, energy efficient windows in your house, the temperature near the window will be much cooler than elsewhere in the room, especially on very cold days. Likewise, on really hot days it will be hotter near the window.

Try to monitor the temps near your window on really cold days to see if the temperature ranges there are acceptable for a cresty.

Visit our friends