Issue with feeding...

• Thread starter evilxyardxgnome
  • Start date

Scott&Nikki

Personally, I think the tail is thin, but not an emergency whatsoever. However, could you post a picture of the other leo she lives with? Or really you could just check for yourself. If your other leo is noticeably fatter, I would think it is very possibly a sign of bullying and dominating between the two. Bullying can be a problem at other times than feeding. If the other leo is just as skinny, I would just keep an eye out for fighting or bullying of any kind and maybe just increase the food supply a little.

E

evilxyardxgnome

I don't have a camera at the moment, had to return the one I was using. I will be getting a new one on Friday so I will take an update pic.

E

evilxyardxgnome

blizzard said:
seems small to me too, just an opinion though. some geckos are small some are huge. you may want to try electrolytes in her water. mine wouldn't eat for like 2 weeks-she may have been ovulating-but she was losing weight so...i mixed a little gatorade in her water and she started eating within a few days.

I will try that. Thanks!

E

evilxyardxgnome

Issue solved. Turns out I didn't have enough heat on that tank, which I thought I did but my apartment has gotten a little chillier. I added a heat lamp to the tank and she ate a giant mealworm for me! I am excited now its time to power feed again.

Visit our friends