JoeM of Canada

JoeM

Hi,

I'm Joe from British Columbia Canada. I bought my daughter a leopard gecko last February 2023. I'm glad to have found this forum to learn more about leopard geckos and to better take care of her. We think Peaches is a her based on our research. We got Peaches from Pet Smart who basically didn't know anything about her except being labeled as fancy leopard gecko. I would have preferred buying from a reptile shop or a local breeder but couldn't find one in our town. Anyway, wanted to at least know what morph she is, unfortunately this tremper, bell, rainwater albino morphs are confusing me. Not even sure if Peaches is an Albino morph. Please see photos and it would be much appreciated to hear what you think the morph is.

Attachments

• Capture3.JPG
    Capture3.JPG
    67.8 KB · Views: 3
  • Capture2.JPG
    Capture2.JPG
    42.3 KB · Views: 3
  • Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    29.4 KB · Views: 3
  • PXL_20231120_021937389.NIGHT~2.jpg
    PXL_20231120_021937389.NIGHT~2.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 3

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
Welcome! She is an albino because she's brown and white and not black and white. There really is no way to know which albino strain she is. The Rainwater/Las Vegas is the least common and tends to be more pastel so you could potentially eliminate that. It could be either of the other two.

Aliza

JoeM

Welcome! She is an albino because she's brown and white and not black and white. There really is no way to know which albino strain she is. The Rainwater/Las Vegas is the least common and tends to be more pastel so you could potentially eliminate that. It could be either of the other two.

Aliza
Thank you Aliza. That helps a lot confirming shes an albino. I was having 2nd thoughts at first because i thought albinos would have pink or red eyes and peaches has silver eyes.

Hi,

I'm Joe from British Columbia Canada. I bought my daughter a leopard gecko last February 2023. I'm glad to have found this forum to learn more about leopard geckos and to better take care of her. We think Peaches is a her based on our research. We got Peaches from Pet Smart who basically didn't know anything about her except being labeled as fancy leopard gecko. I would have preferred buying from a reptile shop or a local breeder but couldn't find one in our town. Anyway, wanted to at least know what morph she is, unfortunately this tremper, bell, rainwater albino morphs are confusing me. Not even sure if Peaches is an Albino morph. Please see photos and it would be much appreciated to hear what you think the morph is.
Hello! Welcome to the forum! Your gecko looks so pretty!

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
Thank you Aliza. That helps a lot confirming shes an albino. I was having 2nd thoughts at first because i thought albinos would have pink or red eyes and peaches has silver eyes.
Sometimes there is a red-looking vein in albino eyes. Albinos who have the eclipse trait, where the eye is a solid color, have solid red eyes. It's pretty cool looking though in some of them the eye still looks black and you have to shine a light behind them to see the red.

Aliza

Visit our friends