Jumped in the deep end... Coleonyx

favrielle

I saw these guys on a local Craigslist ad, and while I probably shouldn't have, I picked them up. I think I lucked out with 1.2.

They're obviously Coleonyx variegatus, but C. v. ???. They're F2/F3 out of stock collected in Arizona, that's all I know. And one of the females (the one with a regen tail) looks to have somewhat different patterning. This could get interesting... :)

On the upside, they already started eating... the little male went to town on tiny mealies as soon as I got him in the quarantine tub. :)

cole3.jpg

favrielle

Oh, heck no! That was just for transport. They were off of those as soon as I brought them home and snapped the pic. :)

They're now in a tub with wall-to-wall paper towels. When they're done with quarantine, I'll be putting together a really cool display tank, but I have some time to put that together. It's going to be a fun adventure.

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
I love these guys. I have 2.2. One pair is C.v.v. wild caught from Borrego CA. The other pair is male C.v.v. captive bred and female C.v.b. wild caught from Tucson. She just laid her first 2 eggs of the season a few days ago (don't know if they're any good yet). Enjoy.

Aliza

favrielle

New pic of my new scaly kids. They now have names. :D

Colecrew.jpg

I'm thinking two different options for display enclosures. I could either go full-on naturalistic (which would be awesome) or really cool Labyrinth theme... or maybe I could do a mix of the two. I might need a really BIG tank, though.

So far, Sarah is my favorite. She sits there and stares right at me, while the other two are more skittish and attitude-y. They definitely have more personality than I ever expected from a lizard this small!

favrielle

Awesome! You'll have to post pics of the mom/babies!

I decided to pick these guys up and get some micro-gecko experience before jumping into the more exotic Coleonyx. C. mitratus and C. elegans are on my "maybe one of these days" wish list. :)

Vespa2628

Here are some pictures of the mom xD she's skinny so I'm trying to feed her as much as I can to help her stay healthy as the eggs form. Shes eating 4-5 crickets a night and is a very active hunter. Its so amusing xD
20140308_125031.jpg 20140308_122104.jpg

Visit our friends