Leo behavior

PlatonicPanda

I've come into possession of a Leo about 2-3 months ago from someone who was moving and longer wanted him/her still don't know if its a male or female. The Leo has gotten used to my hand over that time and has crawled into my hand on its own time. Now every night when it gets dark he likes to get into the corner near the door openings and stand ontop of a rock and claw near the door. I usually open the doors and let him crawl into the door ledge and offer up my hand for something wider to climb on.

Is this him just being curious and wanting some activity or is there an issue with his habitat? He has a rock with a UTH and then a log that I moisten paper towels and put under the log which seems to be his favorite spot for most days. Thanks in advance for any insight.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

PlatonicPanda

I've come into possession of a Leo about 2-3 months ago from someone who was moving and longer wanted him/her still don't know if its a male or female. The Leo has gotten used to my hand over that time and has crawled into my hand on its own time. Now every night when it gets dark he likes to get into the corner near the door openings and stand ontop of a rock and claw near the door. I usually open the doors and let him crawl into the door ledge and offer up my hand for something wider to climb on.

Is this him just being curious and wanting some activity or is there an issue with his habitat? He has a rock with a UTH and then a log that I moisten paper towels and put under the log which seems to be his favorite spot for most days. Thanks in advance for any insight.

Picture for clarity uploadfromtaptalk1437755079554.jpg

brendan0923

Hard to say. As long as she (looks like a female by the way) has everything she needs, I don't see stress being an issue, but I'm not sure. How big is the cage?

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

discoverlight

Not telling you what to do, but sand isn't a great option for leos. Do a quick google search about substrate impaction and you'll see the risks, although this isn't what you asked about. About your question, some leos are just more curious than others, and is probably still getting used to their new environment. As long as they have more than 10 gallons of floor space they should be ok

Last edited:

PlatonicPanda

It's a 10 gal cage and I'm using the turf patches for lizards not sand. I may need to rearrange the cage to liven up the environment or add some more things to climb on to keep her entertained. Thanks for the input everyone.

Visit our friends