Leo Morphs ie. Enigma Questions.

K

Koda

I'm obviously very new to leos and all the morphs are confusing especially the Enigma morph because all the pictures I have seen of them they look different. Can someone explain them to me? I searched but only turned up pictures. Also is the Enigma the most desired morph?

Ipsl

Hey you should search some of the breeders site for all that info. Enigmas are a genetic mix of several regressive traits like the APTORs if Im not mistaken. But check some of the breeder sites.

PrototypeGeckos

Koda said:
I'm obviously very new to leos and all the morphs are confusing especially the Enigma morph because all the pictures I have seen of them they look different. Can someone explain them to me? I searched but only turned up pictures. Also is the Enigma the most desired morph?

Enigmas are just that, there are still somethings unknown about the Enigmas. Enigmas do not share a common look as do other morphs, many look totally different from each other, that adds to the excitement of this morph. That is why you find so many pics that look different. They are called Enigmas because we still learn things about this morph all the time. And yes, right now they are the most desired morph in my opinion, and you can't produce one unless you have one already, as they just popped out of Mark and Kim Bells line of geckos.

Grinning Geckos

Tegan onboard.
Enigmas are a totally unique color and pattern morph - not made by or related to any other morph.

So far, when combining with Bell Albinos, you get an occular albino - red eyes and black spots. Combined with Trempers, you get orange eyes, but a regular albino body with enigma traits. Combined with a patternless, the baby looks something like an Ivory ball python. I don't think there are any Rainwater albino or blizzard (someone thinks they might have it, but it's not proven) combos yet.

Identifying traits are red or orange eye pigments, a horse-shoe arrangement of spots on the back of the head (some are easier to see than other), a large amount of reduced spotting/bands in the tail, pepper spots that can be mixed with larger spots, and colors tend to look like they're bleeding into other areas (but can be very high contrast).

They may or may not be the most desireable morph...it's a personal opinion...but they are currently the highest priced morph.

Alusdra

Every one I've seen has been absolutely stunning. If they weren't so expensive I would be tempted to get one as a pet- but that is obviously a ridiculous thing to do right now. That's probably a good thing as I really don't want any more geckos and was hoping I could resist temptation until my older two pass on. That's probably like in 10 years or so.

But yeah- Enigmas are so ridiculously cool looking. I have no idea about the genetics, though. I thought it was a dominant? There was some poll asking if Enigma sibs should be sold as such and the replies were saying a gecko 'is either an Enigma or it's not'. That says a dominant mutation to me...

T

TWC

i will be getting an enigma, but only when i have enough money, and the prices of them go down.

Visit our friends