Leo with a problem

amy82195

I have a Leo that I recently adopted. She is Tremper Albino and is approximatley 1 year old. She had a spot by her eye that opened and calcified and I noticed that the corner of her mouth on that same side looks a little irritated. I read somewhere that they can get mouth rot. What are the syptoms of that?

sausage

BSc AMAS
Signs of mouth rot can vary depending on the stage of infection. Anorexia, pus in the mouth, excessive salivation in the mouth, swelling or reddening around or in the mouth, inability to close the mouth, reduced or absent tongue flicking. The lining of the mouth can become eroded and often develops a "cottage cheese" appearance that is either yellow- or whitish-gray in color. In severe cases, it may look very much like the mouth is rotting away, hence the common name for this condition - mouth rot.

In extremely advanced cases, the head may be swollen, the infection may spread to the jaw and skull; teeth may become loose. Bacteria may also travel up what is called the hardarian duct, a pathway connecting the inside of the mouth to a sinus near the eye. In this case, the eye may become infected and swell.

dose it have any of these?

Visit our friends