Leopard gecko egg problem

adamday7

What is wrong with this egg?! It's about 2 months old, and has an incredibly thin shell, and you can see the gecko inside the egg, and it appears to move every now and then, so seems to be alive. Help?!? egg.jpg

OnlineGeckos

I've seen translucent spots on eggs, and they hatched fine. It often happens to first time breeders. So keep incubating, the gecko should hatch fine.

adamday7

Ok, I'll keep incubating it. How long could it be from the time the eggs been incubating, and the size of the gecko inside?

Dinosaur!

well perhaps your egg is getting ready to hatch. only time will tell I think. but your temps seem kind of low... I had to plug the Celsius temperatures into a converter to Fahrenheit (im American) and it came out at 78 an 80 degrees Fahrenheit. 80 is already really close to deadly,but 78 (as far as I can tell from doing research) is almost cool enough to kill the embryo inside the egg. you may want to consider raising the temperature just a notch. hope this helps! :D

OnlineGeckos

Agreed, if 26-27C is 78-80F, then you should definitely raise it up to 28C. To safely incubate for females you want to go around 81-82F, that way you give yourself some room for temperature fluctuation.

adamday7

Update: today the egg has started smelling a bit more, a sort of weird smell, not like anything rotting, almost herb like, and the egg shell is still very soft. Any advice?

Visit our friends