Leopard gecko head wobble

coldsavage32

Last year was my first time breeding geckos I only got one good egg that hatched. When he first hatched he was clumsy and always kinda tipping over which I figured was normal since he just hatch. 3 months later it still seems clumsy and tips over when it gets excited or scared it eats with no problems and I always have calcium in a dish it seems completely healthy just not normal. I heard about the enigma morph but the pairing was to a Mack snow and a normal wild type but I was just reading that enigma syndrome is a thing and any morph can get it is this true? I'm gonna try the pairing again this year and if I get more like it I won't do that pair again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
Some geckos hatch with neurological abnormalities. I've heard that non-enigma geckos may have the enigma syndrome but have not really heard of actual examples. I think you have a good idea to try one more time and decide after that if this is a good pairing. You can also consider getting a second female to pair with the male. Then, if things work well for only the new female, you can assume it's the original female that has issues and if things don't work out well for either female you can assume it's the male. You just have to have a plan for what to do with any hatchlings that have problems. This can range from keeping them yourself, to giving them to friends as pets, to giving them to a reptile sanctuary (which is generally what I do) to putting them down humanely.

Aliza

crazylizardlady

I cant offer any advice on the breeding side of things but I have a normal/wild type with a neurological disorder. His symptoms are very similar to enigma syndrome, head tilt, wobbly, stargazing, circling, falling over, and not able to eat or shed on his own. So yes any morph can have neurological disorders and it can present very similar to ES but only an enigma can actually have ES. Ive taken mine to the vet and had him looked over, vet basically said its neurological nothing they can do just to monitor his quality of life.

Visit our friends