Leopard Gecko not eating much and not eating until late.

Leopardgeckoharry

My leopard gecko shed on Wednesday and its not Saturday and he hasn't eaten anything since Wednesday when he was shedding he ate 1 cricket, he poops have been fine and there is meal worms in his tank but its hard to tell if hes really eaten them or not because at the moment he is not eating until really late, the last time I caught him eating meal worms was at 3am and if he does eat a cricket it wont be untill about 10-11pm when i'm in bed. Is this normal behavior for a leopard gecko, I also heard that they do not eat as much this time of the year and especially after they just shed. I measured him today and he weighs 49g and hes around 7 months old (I think).

DrCarrotTail

I've put most of mine on a diet until after xmas. They're down to one feeding a week - two for some that aren't super fat. I like them to not be morbidly obese before the breeding season begins and a few of them are close to super fat while they were eating overtime to make up for all the eggs they laid. Like indyana said I'd just keep an eye on their weight and make sure they don't lose weight too quickly.

Visit our friends