Leopard Gecko Not Eating

phoenixrocket

I'm relatively new to owning Leo's. I have three. One of them has not eaten in a week and a half or so. She shed around the same time. And also laid an egg shortly before that (wasn't fertile no males in tank)

She doesn't seem to be sluggish and is active.

I've read that this is normal. Do you all experience this as well. I've read it's seasonal. The temp in the take and between 85-90.

I apologize if this seems like a silly question. I love them and wanna care for them as best I can and I have only had Leo's for about 9 months.

Any help or advice is much appreciated! Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Neon Aurora

Welcome to GF!

She's probably ovulating, and many leopard geckos don't eat when they are ovulating. It's a little bit unusual for her to just lay one egg, but it does happen occasionally. Watch for another one and watch her behavior carefully. If she starts to seem lethargic or sick, I might worry that the other egg never came out.

If you want, you can fill out this form and we can just make sure your set up is good and see if there is anything you could improve. =)
http://geckoforums.net/f130-health-medications/70912.htm

Neon Aurora

Sometimes you can see them through the skin on the belly, but it's honestly pretty difficult to distinguish eggs from fat bodies.

phoenixrocket

Please to say last night I came home to another egg. She also ate last night!

Sorry if it seems like I'm a worry wart. Just wanna take the best care of my girls that I can

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Visit our friends