Leopard Gecko Vomitting

ZombieFlowers

So Ive had my babies for a little while now. My boy is healthy as a horse eating well and super active. But my little girl is where I'm having trouble. She was a problem eater when I first got her but that was because she was pregnant and after her laid she was voracious. Now she has vomited three times in two weeks. The first time she ate too many crickets. She is super small female and she ate like 8 or 9 medium crickets.

The second time we left for the weekend and I left her meal worms to much on while we were gone. When we got home a couple days later she had vomited them up. I'm super worried because both times she ate a large amount and got sick. Well the third time I gave her a few waxworms to test her out and she ended up vomiting them too.

I don't want to panic because every time I have had an issue it's turned out to be nothing so I wanted advice before I rush her to the vet. Any suggestions about this issue?

I keep her enclosure on the warm side 85-90 and the cool side is 70-75. She has 4 hides. Constant clean water, calcium dish. Her diet is mostly meal worms with some crickets here and there and a waxworm or two on occasion.

jessica_hildebra

Try to give her one or two days with out feeding her (geckos can live 3 months+ without any food) so this shouldn't be bothersome to her then see if she is able to hold down food then.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

indyana

I agree with trying some smaller meals. Use normal feeders (mealworms or crickets) and not wax worms. Also, double-check the enclosure temperatures. The floor surface on the warm side should be around 90 F as measured with a temp gun or a digital thermometer probe laid flat on the floor.

If she is unable to keep down smaller meals, you should certainly visit the vet.

Visit our friends