licking vent area ?

x.shell.x

About your leo:
- Sex - Female
- Age & Weight Unknown
- How long have you owned your leo - 2 weeks ish
- Where was he/she obtained (ex. Pet store, breeder, wild caught, friend)
Bought from a user on gumtree

A) Health/History
- How often do you handle your leo - New so only handled her once when checking for stuck shed
- Is your leo acting any different today? If so how does he/she normally act which differs from now. - she is out and digging in her lay box
- Has he/she had any problems in the past, if so please describe. - ?
B) Fecals
- Describe (look any different than normal) - Normal
- When was the last time he/she went - last night
C) Problem
- Please briefly descrive the problem and how long it has been going on- i have noticed she has started licking her vent area quite often. When she was going to lay her eggs she did this although at the tim i did not know she was going to lay her eggs as i was on my way to work. She has eggs again now but cant be going to lay yet from what i have read so why else would she be licking around that area ?

Housing:
A) Enclosure
- Size - 2 ft
- Type (ex. glass tank) Plastic viv
- Type of substrate - kitchen towel
- Hides, how many, what kind - 5. 2 on the hot side one in the middle ( moist hide) and one on the cool side she has various little places made by decorations that could also be usd
B) Heating
- Heat source Heat mat with thermostat
- Cage temps (hot side, cool side) hot around 89 at the hottest and and 72 at the other end
- Method of regulating heat source - thermostat
- What are you using to measure your temps - temp gun
- Do you have any lights (describe) - None
C) Cage mates
- How many (males, females) - None
- Describe health, or previous problems - She seems healthy if a little small considering she is gravid but she has a good sized tait and i eating anything i put infront of her

Describe Diet:
A) Typical diet
- What you're feeding (how often, how much) - Meal worms always available in dish and 3 times a week i feed supers gets the odd cricket here and there and wax worms every now and then for a little treat
- How are you feeding (hand fed, left in dish, ect) - Meal worms in dish. suprs by hand
B) Supplements (describe how often) - 3 times weekly
- What vitamin/minerals are you using (list brands) Nutrobal
- What are you gut loading food with - Potato, carrot and apple mostly but will throw in diff stuff depending on what is being used in the house will also use gut load pro formula occasionally but i dont like it so more often with the veg.

Also has a milk cap full of calcium powder in viv at all times.

Thanks

Last edited:

Visit our friends