Male not in the "Mood"

Kiz

Hey everyone,

Some of our girls have started ovulating recently so we put them together with one of our males temporarily but as of yet he's shown no interest in any of them. I don't keep them together overnight or anything as I worry about them fighting so and last year just popping them together in an empty RUB and he shows interest instantly and they'd mated in minutes. I realise it's very early in the breeding season so am I just worrying to early and just need to give him more time? Is there anything I can do to get him more interested. Only reason I'm a little concerned is I'm only doing 4-5 pairings this year and he is part of 3-4 of the potential pairings.

Thanks in advance,

Kiz :)

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
I recommend you give him a little more time. I've had males that never showed interest when I was around (I do keep mine together for the season) but he produced babies so something must have been happening.

Aliza

kimwal

Hello,
I have a supergiant male Blazing Blizzard that I thought was not in the mood too. I have a female Blazing Blizzard(Kimba) that I thought was ovulating. She was placed multiple times in his box/tub with him for hours at a time. I thought she was ovulating but I am likely wrong on that. He has been the perfect gentleman, she seems to have no fear of him either, she likes to be close to him. Anyway I put him(Judge) in with my huge Tremper female(Sandy) and boom! in 2 seconds he was biting her like crazy, he was all over her (job probably got done), I had to leave. Then next night just in case job was not done, I put him back in with Sandy(she is proven and experienced) and boom he is all over it again and job was done this time within less than half hour. So my take on this is that the female gives off a scent or behavior or signal or communicates her readiness. The male is always ready when the females says go. kim supergiantleopardgecko.com

Visit our friends