Mealworm smell / feeder switching.

Neill

Gecko Elements
Started using mealworms and now i notice in my small bins i keep single geckos in the mealworms give off some sort of smell. I have noticed a 2 of my geckos have gone off food since i started the mealworms in dish. Now im trying to get them back to something else. Has anyone ever noticed this and have an animal go off food for a while when introducing a new feeder? When i went from crickets to roaches this did not happen but i did not leave a dish with the food item in the cage.

ElapidSVT

lolwut?
i have a couple that refuse to switch to different foods, so one cage gets mealworms while the rest get superworms. one thing you might try is shaking the new food in a bag with the old feeders so they get some old feeder stink on 'em.

good luck!

Blazebabe

S/H Tangerine carrot tail
Started using mealworms and now i notice in my small bins i keep single geckos in the mealworms give off some sort of smell. I have noticed a 2 of my geckos have gone off food since i started the mealworms in dish. Now im trying to get them back to something else. Has anyone ever noticed this and have an animal go off food for a while when introducing a new feeder? When i went from crickets to roaches this did not happen but i did not leave a dish with the food item in the cage.
I tried my Blaze with mealworms and she never touched them, so then next night i put them in abit of calcium thinking they might be more delicious:main_laugh: and they was their the next morning.
She loves her crickets so that's what i'm keeping her to but she's not gone off them while trying her with the mealworms, thank goodness.

I do hope your able to get your 2 leo's to eat properly:smile:

Last edited:

Visit our friends