mixed albinos

bluevapor

At my local reptile show today i saw a vender selling geckos that were a mix of all 3 strains of albinos.Are people doing this on purpose now?

stager

People are always going to try things to make a buck without realizing the negative effects.

jbs81890

A buddy of mine who is looking to get into small scale breeding came back from the daytona show being told that you can mix the albino strains and it's just people on forums who get upset.

CNest

Personally I would never buy a gecko who had a mix of the albino strains. Absolutely no way to tell what you are getting if you choose to breed it or what the heck you have in the first place. If I didn't particularly care what I got and was looking for a pet, craigslist would be cheaper. If I'm going to fork out more money than what I pay at a pet store or CL, I want to know the genetics.

Thorgecko707

THORGECKO
I don't like mixing the strains. BUT, I think there is mud already. You don't know if a gecko is het eclipse, Murphy, blizzard, or all three. That gets bothersome when working on line breeding or with the new marble eyes. Family trees and record keeping helps, but few actually do that.

Visit our friends