morph help please?

Kristi23

Ghoulish Geckos
Keep in mind that "Halloween mask" doesn't only refer to the distinct bold patterns on the head but also unusual markings on the body ,HM's differ ,some have very bold lines while some might only have 2 bold patterns (this is what differentiates poor quality -high quality) check out the "leopard gecko wiki" site and you'll see the exact characteristics to one he has posted amongst the pictures... To consider something else rather than a HM simply because they are hard to find would dramatically cause a error if you apply that knowledge to all leopard gecko morphs..one simply cannot say what something is or isn't without knowing the true background. And keep in mind I stated that its a "possible" HM,I'm just giving ideas as to what it could be as that's what this forum is about .

Sent from my Vodafone Smart Tab 3G using Tapatalk

Actually, the wiki is outdated and often incorrect. If you look at my history here, you can see I have been an active member for a very long time (and a mod). I very much remember the early Halloween masks that Paul Allen worked on. You can't look at a gecko with bold head markings and assume it's a Halloween Mask (and normals and tangerines can have dark head markings just like those above). The mask is a line bred trait and you take the best mask to best mask to make them better. The body can vary.

Halloween Mask History - GeckoBoa Reptiles

Kristi23

Ghoulish Geckos
As for the ones who have been crossed so much that the mask is gone, in my opinion, they become bolds and nothing else. Same with any other line bred trait. Once you cross a tangerine so many times that the animals are no longer orange, they are not tangerines anymore. True Halloween Masks are hard to find anymore. Even mine are crosses, but they still have the masks (and I call them crosses). I believe John at GeckoBoa still has some as does Eve at Lotsa Leos. Paul Allen has gotten back into breeding and I'm not sure if he kept any of his or they were all sold. Brittney from PacHerp had tons, but she got out years ago.

mo.mak

As for the ones who have been crossed so much that the mask is gone, in my opinion, they become bolds and nothing else. Same with any other line bred trait. Once you cross a tangerine so many times that the animals are no longer orange, they are not tangerines anymore. True Halloween Masks are hard to find anymore. Even mine are crosses, but they still have the masks (and I call them crosses). I believe John at GeckoBoa still has some as does Eve at Lotsa Leos. Paul Allen has gotten back into breeding and I'm not sure if he kept any of his or they were all sold. Brittney from PacHerp had tons, but she got out years ago.
Good points,with examples and facts ...can't argue with that .
I love how forums opens ones mind about things...so they just normals ? What about the children ? (The ones with lavender colorations) what morph would be characterise it as ?

Sent from my Vodafone Smart Tab 3G using Tapatalk

Kristi23

Ghoulish Geckos
I can't ID the babies since we don't know what the parents are. Anything like that is usually called a normal or hypo (if they are lacking spots) with uknown hets and genetics. It's not advised to breed anything unknown. And most breeders don't like guessing on unknown things because it encourages people to think they can ID a morph by looks (very few can be accurately ID'd that way anymore).

Forums are a great way to learn, but you will get wrong info from people often. I try to correct it when I see it, but I miss a lot since I don't have the time as much as I did before all the facebook groups became popular.

I would suggest using geckoboa's genetics and morph page as a place to learn the updated, accurate info. He talked with multiple breeders to get input before making it live.

fals10

Just want everyone to know that I only sold the babies as pets to locals. I appreciate all of the info. The brief debate was very informative. I purchased the three adults as Hypos with no hets, but seeing as the spot count didn't add up, is why I posted the question about the correct morph a year or longer ago. I feel comfortable calling them high yellows and nothing more.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Visit our friends