Morph id

Bordois

On the first picture, the big one is "Reverse Stripe" right? And what morph is the other one?

img5218f.jpg

img3102c.jpg

img3081lc.jpg

Bordois

Go to Leopardgeckowiki.com and look at ghost

Well thanks but It still does not look the same to me. I think it looks more like "Normal" morph. But I'm not sure.

It looks incredbly skinny.

Yeah I know. He isn't eating anything. I'm not even sure if he drinks any water. I wanted to take him to the vet but there isn't any vet who understands reptiles in my country. I don't know what to do :eek:

Last edited:

LeopardShade

Spotted Shadow
Yeah I know. He isn't eating anything. I'm not even sure if he drinks any water. I wanted to take him to the vet but there isn't any vet who understands reptiles in my country. I don't know what to do :eek:

You shouldn't be housing two geckos of strikingly different size together. It can lead to cage mate aggression and dominance in the larger one, as well as food competition. This could play a role in why your smaller gecko isn't doing well. The larger one could be eating all of the food. Also, housing multiple geckos together poses a likelier chance of one or both of thew geckos becoming ill via contact with one's feces, etc.

I would separate them as soon as you possibly can and watch for signs of illness in the smaller one. If things persist, you will most likely need a vet.

Bordois

You shouldn't be housing two geckos of strikingly different size together. It can lead to cage mate aggression and dominance in the larger one, as well as food competition. This could play a role in why your smaller gecko isn't doing well. The larger one could be eating all of the food. Also, housing multiple geckos together poses a likelier chance of one or both of thew geckos becoming ill via contact with one's feces, etc.

I would separate them as soon as you possibly can and watch for signs of illness in the smaller one. If things persist, you will most likely need a vet.

The little one's problem is he tries to catch the meal but he can't. Sometimes he can but drops it afterwards. And the big one is new. I thought that maybe a friend will make him better. I just don't know what to do :eek: Should I force feed him?

Last edited:

LeopardShade

Spotted Shadow
The little one's problem is he tries to catch the meal but he can't. Sometimes he can but drops it afterwards. And the big one is new. I thought that maybe a friend will make him better. I just don't know what to do :eek: Should I force feed him?

What are you feeding? Did you quarantine (house him individually for a good period of time) the new one before introducing him? This is an incredibly important precautionary step that must be taken to ensure the health of both geckos you plan on housing together. If one of them has a disease, it can very easily be transmitted.

These geckos do not need the company of other geckos, they are solitary creatures that, in my opinion, do much better when housed individually. They don't need "friends".

Do not force feed, this will only cause unneeded stress which could worsen the eating problem. Force feeding is a delicate task, if done wrong, it could prove dangerous for the gecko. I'd focus on getting them separated first and, like I said, monitoring both for abnormal signs.

Bordois

What are you feeding? Did you quarantine (house him individually for a good period of time) the new one before introducing him? This is an incredibly important precautionary step that must be taken to ensure the health of both geckos you plan on housing together. If one of them has a disease, it can very easily be transmitted.

These geckos do not need the company of other geckos, they are solitary creatures that, in my opinion, do much better when housed individually. They don't need "friends".

Do not force feed, this will only cause unneeded stress which could worsen the eating problem. Force feeding is a delicate task, if done wrong, it could prove dangerous for the gecko. I'd focus on getting them separated first and, like I said, monitoring both for abnormal signs.

I feed him with mealworms. I've also tried dubia. I couldn't find crickets in here :( I didn't quarantine the new one. I saw him (the skinny one) this morning, he was looking at the mealworms like he's going to catch them. But he didn't do it.

Visit our friends